Thread: Speculation: Campoli traded speculation...
View Single Post
Old
01-10-2012, 10:11 PM
MJN79

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller Time View Post
yeah, they added MacGregor Sharp... 8 career NHL games, now playing in Italy... and the nucks added joel perrault a guy who had 90 NHL games, now playing in Switzerland (difference btw Swiss league and Italian league is not far off from NHL/AHL)

Lapierre shouldn't have been traded, but when he was, the return was god awful, and the ducks quickly showed just how bad they fleeced us by getting a 3rd round pick a month later for a guy who did nothing but play poorly while with them.

Gauthier made a bad decision AND got fleeced...

this has the potential to be a nightmare.

Campoli, as useless as he's been, and as much as I have no issue at all with him being traded, is EXACTLY the kind of guy that should have been moved no sooner than a week before the deadline.

if he got a 4th now, I bet he could have got a 3rd, or even a desperate 2nd (from a top contending team who missed out on the D upgrades they were targeting but desperate to add that veteran D for the playoff run) right at the deadline.

you don't move a UFA-to-be for a paltry return a month out of the deadline... Gauthier is clueless.

Molson needs to step in before we end up with another Gomez/Kaberle/Lapierre type deal.

I agree with you but lets play devil's advocate and say Campoli gets injured again close to deadline, we get nothing in return. With the Habs string of bad luck, its a very possible situation