View Single Post
Old
01-11-2012, 02:40 AM
Canucker

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drop the Sopel View Post
He's intimidating because he will attack you whether you're game or not. The fact he's small is actually an advantage because he's not above anyone's weight class. There are usually about a half dozen to a dozen guys on the other team he could realistically drop the gloves with if things get heated - those are the 'tough guys' that have the biggest impact IMO. He also has that Gino Odjick aura about him where you never know what he's going to do. Makes guys think about him that much more.

It's not just his toughness though that makes him intriguing. Surprisingly he thinks the game pretty well and is also a good playmaker. The Canucks could use another pass 1st forward and bringing in one that's young and already had some playoff success is an added bonus.

If his teammates don't like him he's a poor fit for a team that is always on the road. If he's well liked, he's the type of guy that could fill a void, do it on a bargain contract and should still be getting better.
I like Downie's skill, thats no issue for me...to me its the "loose cannon" factor. I like that sometimes, but not so much on a contending team that already has discipline issues.

Canucker is offline   Reply With Quote