View Single Post
Old
01-11-2012, 10:04 AM
njdevil26

vCash: 500
Moving to Montreal

Hello everyone. I want to preface this by saying that I have no idea where to put this on HFBoards. I was looking around and couldn't find a sort of off topic section and I didn't want to put this in the main hockey talking sections. If this needs to be moved or deleted, I can deal with it. I just thought this was a good chance to get some opinions of the people that live in Quebec.

I have lived in North Jersey my entire life. New York City is amazing and I am there at least four or five times a month hanging out and doing anything fun that I can find. It just doesn't seem that this is where I want to be. I have visited and stayed in Montreal a bunch of times and I absolutely love it. I would honestly say I enjoy it more than New York City. It just has a lot of culture and character compared to what we have here. I have been trying to learn French because I love the language. Also, the cost of living in NYC and North NJ is just through the roof. If I am correct, I think it is the most expensive area to live in in the entire USA. I've heard that the cost of living is more reasonable in Montreal as well. I want to be somewhere that has culture and the possibility of living comfortably without having to make six figure plus jobs.

My other option is to go live in Italy. My family is still largely over there and I'd have a place to stay and probably a job until I got the hang of things and I speak Italian... but I'm 24 and I don't want the rest of my life to fly by without taking some chances and doing the things I want to do.

Thoughts?

How about those from Quebec? Do you enjoy where you live?