View Single Post
Old
01-11-2012, 10:24 AM
Amateur Hour

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Corbeau View Post
Leafs fan here.

Burke is far from desperate to move Schenn, though I think he would for the right player. I'd speculate that either JVR or Coutourier straight up would be the price.

He certainly won't be moved for a package of lesser players/prospects/picks etc. He'd get traded straight up for a young forward of similar draft status, or more likely that he would get traded in a package towards a #1 center. I'm sure Burke's first choice is to trade him in a package towards a player like Getzlaf or Staal (should they become available)...then if that fails he might consider trading for a big, talented young forward like JVR or Coutourier.

What were you guys thinking it would take?
You guys would probably have to add in order to get JVR. One thing for certain is that Couturier isn't going anywhere. For anyone (unless it's Weber or something). In my opinion, he's the second most important franchise cornerstone behind Giroux; it's obvious the organization absolutely adores Couturier, and I believe he will be a Flyer for a very long time. That Jeff Carter trade continues to look better and better with each passing day.

Amateur Hour is offline   Reply With Quote