View Single Post
Old
01-11-2012, 11:29 AM
ruckus*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
The problem with our team right now is that our 3rd line is closer to being a 4th line than a 2nd line.

We'd be MUCH better off, imho, having someone like Wolski on the 3rd line than what we currently have.

Just my 2 cents.

I'd probably change the lines for next game and go with something like..

Hagelin - Stepan - Gaborik
Dubi - Richards - Cally
Mitchell - Anisimov - Wolski
Rupp/Prust/Boyle/Fedotenko/EC
If we're trying to increase offensive production why are we reverting back to giving Mitchell more minutes? The guy has shown nothing offensively.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Aviary View Post
Good teams guys and solid role players, but they're hardly crucial. Boyle helps on faceoffs, Prust is good PKing, but Hagelin has also stepped up as a PKer and adds an offensive threat there. I don't think either one is leaving soon, but they're not crucial.
Quote:
Originally Posted by APuckHog View Post
Boyle is probably the least crucial part of this team..

He is a good team guy but those are a dime a dozen. He doesn't bring anything else, what good is size if he is terrible at using it for any type of advantage? More times then not he's the player falling to the ice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerdanger20 View Post
defensively yes, offensively noo. they should be playing together though, they forecheck well together along with feds imo. boyle was important offensively last year because he was producing but now all hes good for is a solid minute of holding the puck behind the net and winning battles along the boards. their both good role players but their not irreplaceable.
There's obviously a few ways to look at this but I think if you don't understand the importance of the roles that Prust and Boyle play on and off the ice then you're understating their importance. Boyle has been brutal offensively this year and I'm one of his biggest critics, but that doesn't mean he's not a vital part of the team. Especially when you consider he's Torts' go to guy late in games defensively. You can't act like that isn't important. Unless of course it doesn't matter to you that if we give up late leads in games.

Prust's style of play and how he stands up for teammates is huge. Huge. There's a reason that Torts refers to him as becoming part of the core. He's a good fourth line player and he can make some plays in the offensive zone as well.

ruckus* is offline   Reply With Quote