View Single Post
Old
01-11-2012, 10:36 AM
Kwayry

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lebear View Post
Torts dilemma is simple: Team is playing well now so he doesn't want to change anything, but there will probably have to be some changes later on and we might suffer from both too much depth, and a discrepancy between top 6 and bottom 6.

What would you do if you had to make some line adjustments? I see problems mainly wiht LW and the role of Wolski.

First of all, I'd see if Wolski and Richards clicked. There also seem to be something wrong with Anisimov. He's got 0 pts in the last 8 games and doesn't look too confident out there. He should be moved to a situation where his responsibility is a bit decreased so that he can work his way up again.

Dubinsky on the other hand is playing with a lot of confidence, along with some production. His hard work along the boards and work ethic makes me think he could be a good fit with Gaborik and Stepan, each having their distinct role on the top line.

My suggested line-up would be the following:

Dubinsky - Stepan - Gaborik
Wolski - Richards - Callahan
Fedetenko - Anisimov - Hagelin
Rupp - Boyle - Prust

Boyle needs LESS minutes, and maybe Anisimov could find his game back at the center position with less pressure. Hagelin is the wildcard of the bunch. I'm not sure if he should be on the first, second or third line, but in terms of developing his game I don't think the third would hurt, with an increased ice-time in certain situations.

Boyle, Prust and Rupp are where they belong. I know the third line looks kind of weird, but all three guys are good players, and with Feds and Anisimov playing gritty while also being quite decent puck movers getting it to Hags, it could work.
Slight variation of this is to move Feds up to second line and have Wolski start on the 3rd line and earn his way up or out.
Dubinsky - Stepan - Gaborik
Fedetenko - Richards - Callahan
Wolski - Anisimov - Hagelin
Rupp - Boyle - Prust

Kwayry is offline   Reply With Quote