View Single Post
Old
01-11-2012, 10:40 AM
VFL615*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
well, first off, Im not sure where you get it that Poile is saying "give me a chance after this season"... I havent seen or heard that anywhere

second, there werent a lot of true upgrades available this past summer, and the ones that were(Carter) really werent available for what we have to offer in trade.

there are some things you just cant force.... you cant make another GM trade you a star player... you cant make a pending RFA sign a long term extension if he doesnt want to.

I honestly dont think Poile is "playing chicken"... I think he is doing what he thinks is in the best interest of the team long term and Suter and Weber are being unreasonable if they are exopecting him to pull an elite forward out of his ass on command...
You can listen to the interview on 104.5 with Poile last week it has also been referenced by others who cover the predators. Poile feels he will have to pay to much for a guy near the trade deadline and he would like to wait until after the season is over to make a move.

Not to many last year i agree. Who is going to be available that the Preds have a legit shot at after this year though?

You and others reference a "forward" and you say "foward out of his *** on command"
Is something out their that says Weber and Suter stated they wanted better forwards or are you making that up?

I would like to know exactly what it is the two are asking for.

VFL615* is offline   Reply With Quote