Old
01-11-2012, 11:05 AM
The Tikkanen
Pest

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiTownHawks View Post
Some people use hockey as an outlet for stress relief, some use it for exercise, and some use it b/c they are mentally unstable and need an outlet for their rage.

If something like that happened in my league we'd kick that guy out, but that is one of the benefits to running your own league.
No doubt about it. Hockey is a weird sport in that you can commit crimes on the ice and it's technically part of the game. Some men use it to take out their frustrations, making up for bad decisions they have made in their life and they literally explode on the ice. The key for success in rec league hockey is identifying these guys and either using it against them or knowing when to stay away and let them get kicked out on their own. I've taken a 2 hander to the back of the neck and had a guy kick me twice on the ice with his skate blades, the latter I was in such disbelief that the guy basically just tried to stab me twice that I didn't even know how to react. Looking back I should have kicked the bejesus out of him but at least I know I have my emotions in check when the poop hits the fan.

The Tikkanen is offline   Reply With Quote