View Single Post
Old
11-06-2003, 08:16 PM
Hemsky01

vCash: 500
How about a first and second line centre

I'm not sure what the Oilers are thinking but you can't play 12 wingers and no centres. You can make an argument that right now Marty Reasoner is the Oilers only natural centreman(knows the position defensively, can win a faceoff). Mike York is not playing bad right now but he is a way better winger. We won't even talk about Ryan Smyth. Shawn Horcoff is a good 4th line centre but even he would probably be a better winger when we consider size and faceoff issues. I really hope the oilers trade one of their wingers(chimera) for Kolanos and sign Mike Comrie. There is NO WAY the oilers win a trade of Comrie. Somebody please, please tell me any trade rumor of any substance that has the Oilers getting back a resemblemce of a first line centre for Comrie(who I believe is a first line centre, or a second line at worst). I can really see the Oilers making some noise with Comrie, Kolanos, Reasoner, Horcoff in the middle but right now, centre ice is there worst position on their team and they are thinking of trading our best centre(and frankly, I don't care if he doesn't want to play here, we need him so he can sit or play!! ) I know this isn't a Kolanos thread but I think he will be at worst a second line centre with great hands, speed, and size and would not even be available except for the fact that he has injuries and Phoenix's depth at centre.. Thoughts??