View Single Post
Old
01-11-2012, 03:25 PM
Duke33

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyBeatsTheWiz View Post
You just completely contradicted yourself in this post.

In the previous post, you bashed Kuznetsov for not showing up when it mattered most in the WJCs. In this post, when confronted with an example of Kuznetsov carrying his team when it matters most, you say the WJCs don't matter. Make up your mind.

I really fail to recall this "parade of highly touted prospects" that have come through that tournament and failed at the NHL level. Care to enlighten me?
Great, he had three assists in the final last year. What did he do this year? Coasted. The only reason Russia didn't get blown out of the building was their goalie. But hey, he got the MVP....like I said he'll fit right in. Get an MVP while someone else takes home the actual championship.

Don't play stupid. The Caps are loaded with allegedly high value prospects and many of them (Ovechkin, Backstrom, Johansson, Carlson, Alzner etc) have played in that tournament. It hasn't translated to any kind of success at the NHL level has it? This year it looks like they may not even wait til the playoffs to bomb, considering how badly the team is underachieving overall.

Bah....

Duke33 is offline   Reply With Quote