Thread: Speculation: Matt Carle's value..
View Single Post
Old
01-11-2012, 04:46 PM
lancer247

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by phlocky View Post
I think this is pretty close. While I don't think he's worth a 1st and a top prospect, I can see a late 1st and a 2nd tier prospect being accurate. Carle won't return a pick in the top 15 IMO but I'd move him for something late.

sorry, but watching this team play, unless we make a major move for a guy like Weber or Suter before the deadline this team just doesn't have what it takes to get past a team like Bostpn. I mean jeez, we only got 2 points in a home-at-home series with the Sens and THAY took home 3 points. How the eff did that happen???

I'd rather trade Carle for a 1st and 2nd tier prospect and then aquire someone like Gleason for a 2nd rnd pick (and maybe Marshall or something is necessary) and limp into the playoffs with about the same team we have now. Let some of the new guys get some playoff experience and use this season as a growing year for everyone. Then go into the draft and either draft a full stable of dmen with two 1sts and two 2nds or trade all four of those picks to move up into the top 5 and take a stud dman. Maybe trade a 2nd for suters rights if he isn't resigned by then.

I'm one of the biggest supporters of Carle on here. I know his strengths and his weaknesses and I know he's far more valuable and far better than most on here give him credit for being. However, I'm also a realists and I just don't see us going anywhere this year. I can easily see Carle getting resigned but us in the offseason and it's not going to be a bad thing but for me, I'd look to get something for him now and sign a replacemnt UFA during the off-season. I'd get some very valuable assets (pick and prospect) for him now while I can.
If they. Think they can sign Carle for same as Coburn and Mez then don't they have to keep him? Possibly losing Pronger and Kimo the following year why get rid of a solid damn under the age of 30. If they added Gleason to the d corp I would find it hard to believe they would limp into the playoffs. I look at it as any year you may not have to face the Pens with Crosby + a healthy Malkin is a year you should go for it. Didn't Hamhuis get a 2nd for his rights? I would wait until after the season to see how things go with Carle.

lancer247 is offline   Reply With Quote