View Single Post
Old
01-11-2012, 06:15 PM
Horseradish

vCash: 500
I'd guess the asking price will be a top-4 dman and either a late first or pretty good prospect.

If TO would part with Gunarsson and their 1st, that would probably get it done. Or Gunarsson and Bozak.

Not saying the value is there for the other team, that's just what Edmonton will demand, I'd guess, and some team would eventually bite on it.

I hope not, I hope we can keep Hemmer and find a couple of tough minutes d-men through another trade and UFA market, but I have little faith that Tambellini is capable of doing much to meet expectations. He's constantly just below that line in the sand Oilers fans set for him. Like this summer, they desperately needed a top-4 dman and a decent veteran 3rd pairing dman, as well as a two-way, FO winning centre.

What'd Tambo do? He got one of the best centers for that role available. And then acquired a couple of barely NHL dmen in Sutton and Barker. Sutton fills the bottom pairing veteran much better than even the most optimistic had hoped, but Barker's possibly worse than we all knew he'd be.

So, Tambo will trade Hemmer for a similar deal as the Penner one, and he'll sign just one second pairing d-man in the off-season and this team will slowly continue it's snail's pace to the top of the standings...

Horseradish is offline   Reply With Quote