View Single Post
Old
11-06-2003, 09:34 PM
Walsher

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by spaz44
Horcoff - Another player benched, blech! Maybe Chimera draws in and Horcoff sits in the press box. Pick your evil, but I figure Chimera will be hungry again.

Smyth - I am starting to wonder if he is playing with an injury. Had one great opportunity set up by Brewer but otherwise he had been very unsmytty like.

Chimera may find a spot in the lineup but if he replaces Horcoff that means Smyth is back at center - ouch!! Smyth has been unsmytty like all year and it is becoming quite long in the tooth. Hemsky, Smyth, and Horcoff were pathetic and have been for a long time. Smyth and Hemsky's point totals to me are somewhat misleading as neither of them have put more than 1 solid game in a row. Need to be better or at least keep the puck out of their own net.

1st line - (Hemsky, Smyth, Horc) combined +/- of -13 not counting tonight
2nd line - (York, Torres, Dvorak) combined +/- of +12 not counting tonight.
3rd line - (RPM) combined +/- of +18 not counting tonight where they had to be +6 combined.
Other than Laraque most of the other guys are respectable especially for being plug 4th liners.

Clear who is a liability defensively and who is contributing offensively at even strength. Embarrassing for the top guys who to me have been a major reason for the ugly performances.