View Single Post
Old
01-12-2012, 12:18 AM
bobbop
Henrik & Pop

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyStart View Post
Yes you are way off what everyone else is thinking just read the thread. Again doesn't mean you are wrong. I doubt there's anyway he does more than 3. Wouldn't be smart for him financially. For the rangers 2 years is bad though they have enough guys to re-sign. 3 years is pretty good for both but 4 at 2.5-3 would be perfect imo. 5 years for 3 is just too good to be true it wouldnt make any sense for MDZ to do that to himself altho I'd love if he did especially since we will have a backlog of D at even strength. As it stands now McD, Staal, MDZ, who's the third pairing LD? Then you throw in Girardi, Erixon for the future and someone HAS to be the 3rd pair.
Yeah, I've read the thread. I think most here are way off base. Defensemen who can score 40-50 points and play big time plus hockey are quite difficult to find. If someone (the Islanders) ever wanted to pee on the Rangers parade, they could offer MDZ a big time offer sheet and screw up the entire salary structure. They would also be making a savvy hockey decision.

Staal got a 5 year contract after his ELC. MDZ and McDonagh could both be in that line. I doubt that last year will really devalue him that much.

bobbop is online now   Reply With Quote