View Single Post
Old
01-11-2012, 11:34 PM
bigdaddydroc

vCash: 270
here's my two cents:

I think that hemsky is a terrible idea for a playoff rental player. The playoffs are hard played hockey and the guy is made of glass. It seems to me like its not so much a matter of if he's going to be injured if a team were to make a deep run in the playoffs, more a matter of when.

Add onto this the price the oilers are likely looking for in addition to the fact that they'll likely wait until the trade deadline ish when values for rentals have fetched a lot more than players are worth historically, I just don't think I'd be willing to make an offer that would be big enough.

That being said, I am constantly amazed at some of the moves gms make at the deadline, so Im sure we will see him fetch a much more healthy return than some people figure he should.

edit: i was speaking from a hypothetical if I were a gm, which I clearly am not....despite the fact that I regularly argue as though I should be one....using all kinds of stats post trade that I expect the Gm's to be able to predict before the trade.

bigdaddydroc is offline   Reply With Quote