vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSG the place to be View Post
Feds - Stepan - Gaborik
Wolski - Richards - Hagelin
Dubi - Anisimov - Cally
Rupp - Boyle - Prust
My initial reaction: You're out of your god damn mind

After a moment's hesitation: I see what you're looking to do, but maintain that you're out of your mind. But that's for the whole Gaborik thing. BTW, credit for typing his name without taking a shot at him.

I can see how Feds' board play could be seen as a plus, but his passing isn't ideal, nor is his defense, but even more so his speed.

The 2nd line is the one that I'd focus on more. I see the idea of extending our scoring into 3 full lines, making our first line last year our 3rd line this year. I think it's a bad idea taking Cally off of Richards' wing, and at the moment, the same goes for Dubi. I agree with Torts, having an intense, grinding winger seems to open up space for Richie to play his game, and it's allowing Cally to infuse skill into his game.

I like the 4th.

If i were to try something

Wolski-Stepan-Gaborik
Dubi-Rich-Cally
Feds/Mitch-Artie-Hagelin
Rupp-Boyle-Prust

The top line plays the least grinding, cycling sort of game, which maximizes the game we'll get from Wolski. His size is good along the boards, and he was playing more physical before he got injured. Allows us to move Artie to 3rd line center.

That 2nd line is ripping **** apart right now, even off the scoreboard. I wouldn't touch it.

The 3rd line left wing is a bit tougher. Feds is a solid over all player, but I'm not sure where his place is on this team. He had a good run with Cally and Richie, but after taking them away from them, he's failed to make an impact.

Mitch, I don't know. He looks like he's SO VERY close to putting his game together in a massive way. But he's also had this M.O. for a while.

To me, these two are in competition for the spot. I don't know who's got the edge, but I'm not sure if Feds get's brought back next year.

Callagraves is offline   Reply With Quote