View Single Post
Old
01-12-2012, 07:08 AM
FinProspects

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomast View Post
Teuvo is ahead Filppula as 17 year old offensively but i would be very happy if he ends up as good as Filppula but has potential to be better. Teuvo plays physical and gritty game but his body isn't fully developed yet, hard worker aswell. I think that Detroit would be perfect for Teräväinen to develope and would pan out in that system.
Yeah, Filppula didnt score nearly as much as Teräväinen has scored this year in A-juniors. But when Filppula played in juniors he was touted as an almost sure future NHL-player in years to come. At least in Finland I mean. His talent/potential was just plain obvious, altough he struggled in 3rd line role with limited ice-time in his first A-junior season. Filppula´s point totals in juniors are generally really underwhelming considering how good he really was back then. He should have played in Sm-liiga already in 02-03 season, but Jokerit was stacked at the time (Peltonen,Pakaslahti,Pesonen,Hentunen,Voutilainen, Valtonen,Nemirovsky,Aalto). Thats why I wouldnt place Teuvo ahead of Filppula just yet.