Thread: Proposal: Drew Stafford
View Single Post
Old
01-12-2012, 09:01 AM
Zip15

vCash: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by static80 View Post
I'd send Toronto Derek Roy, Drew Stafford and one of MA Gragnani or Mike Weber for Luke Schenn and Toronto's 2nd round pick in 2012.
Buffalo will be in a partial rebuild mode to straighten out this mess both on the defensive and offensive ranks.

Schenn played extremely well with Myers in the minors and has proven he can play at the NHL level.

I would want Buffalo to focus on draft picks and prospects at the deadline but this deal would go a long way to making Buffalo a competitive team 2 years from now in my humble opinion.
That's just...bad. Schenn is tremendously overrated because of the city he plays in. He has the 7th best quality of competition rating on the Leafs blueline, so Wilson isn't matching up him against top players. He's a second-pairing defenseman right now. We're not trading our top center for another second-pairing defenseman, especially when we have those in spades (Sekera, Ehrhoff, Leopold, Regehr, et al.). And I'll guarantee you this, if Roy's traded, Darcy will not trade him within the division.

As to the OP, I'd want Kadri or Colborne or a package like Bozak + Aulie. It may take more, though, given that there's usually a premium on intra-divisional trades.

Zip15 is offline   Reply With Quote