View Single Post
Old
01-12-2012, 09:33 AM
jniklast

vCash: 500
Richards+Cally and Gaborik+Stepan finally give us two legitimate scoring lines and that has carried us. Our bottom-6 has regressed a lot compared to last year though.

Last year the 4th line of Feds-Boyle-Prust probably outscored our complete current bottom-6. The problem obviously is, that both Prust and especially Boyle have taken a huge step back (regression to the mean was expected, but their offensive output this season is disappointing) but for a deep playoff run I think it needs to be fixed. So what options do we have?

1. Boyle and Prust miraculously turn it on offensively and solve their struggles.

2. Should Wolski play decent with Richards, that would mean we could put an improving Dubi back to the 3rd line. Together with Hagelin and fedotenko (to an extent) we'd have three good and productive players on the 3rd line.

3. Demote Anisimov from the Gaborik line. I don't like that too much. The GAS line has proven to be a reliable scoring line showing up nearly every game. Removing Anisimov might mess with that.

4. We can acquire a player to either replace Anisimov or Dubinsky in the top-6 or we acquire a good player for our bottom-6. A veteran 3rd line center that can score and win facoffs would certainly help this team.

1 and 2 require players to step up, we can't control that. I don't like 3 so I hope that 4 might happen at the deadline. The way our defense has played, I think that an upgrade to our bottom-6 is more important than a veteran defenseman.

jniklast is offline   Reply With Quote