Thread: Proposal: Drew Stafford
View Single Post
Old
01-12-2012, 09:43 AM
static80

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip15 View Post
That's just...bad. Schenn is tremendously overrated because of the city he plays in. He has the 7th best quality of competition rating on the Leafs blueline, so Wilson isn't matching up him against top players. He's a second-pairing defenseman right now. We're not trading our top center for another second-pairing defenseman, especially when we have those in spades (Sekera, Ehrhoff, Leopold, Regehr, et al.). And I'll guarantee you this, if Roy's traded, Darcy will not trade him within the division.

As to the OP, I'd want Kadri or Colborne or a package like Bozak + Aulie. It may take more, though, given that there's usually a premium on intra-divisional trades.
It's not bad considering Derek Roy is not playing up to a top line center. Outside of the past 2 seasons, he never has. And last season may or may not haven been a point per game pace, but we'll never know given the injury.

Luke Schenn on the other hand has gone against top lines, I've watched many a Leaf game this season, I don't know where your getting your information from, but I get mine from actually watching the games.
He was a beast against the Red Wings and Rangers already this season.

Colborne would be nice, but I don't see Burke letting him go. Kadri is also making a splash in the AHL. He's shown some signs of life in the NHL as well. I wouldn't mind either one of these players, good choices.

static80 is offline   Reply With Quote