Thread: Proposal: Drew Stafford
View Single Post
Old
01-12-2012, 10:06 AM
Zip15

vCash: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by static80 View Post
It's not bad considering Derek Roy is not playing up to a top line center.
Even if he's performing like a 2C, why are we trading the only top-6 NHL center in our entire organization for another defenseman. Add in the fact that you added Stafford and Weber to that proposal, and it's terribad. Just awful. We all make bad proposals now and then. That was one.

Quote:
Outside of the past 2 seasons, he never has. And last season may or may not haven been a point per game pace, but we'll never know given the injury.
Since the departure of the co-captains Roy has produced like a top-6 center by any metric.

Quote:
Luke Schenn on the other hand has gone against top lines, I've watched many a Leaf game this season, I don't know where your getting your information from, but I get mine from actually watching the games.
He was a beast against the Red Wings and Rangers already this season.
Luke Schenn has the 7th best QoC of Leafs defensemen who've played at least 10 games. The only Leaf defenseman that plays a worse QoC is Komisarek. This is not an opinion. Look on Behind the Net. He's not a top-pairing defenseman, and his coach isn't deploying him as such. He's playing against third-pairing competition.

Zip15 is offline   Reply With Quote