Thread: Kings News: Quick Named to All-Star Team
View Single Post
Old
01-12-2012, 02:06 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBrown View Post
An all-star goalie. When was the last time the Kings had one of those? Enjoy it people, I know I am
http://lakingsinsider.com/2012/01/11...-star-goalies/

Quote:
Also, I happened to see this question posed in the comments. Who was the last goalie to represent the Kings in an NHL All-Star Game? The answer: Mario Lessard, in 1981, when the game was at the Forum in Inglewood. That’s the same game in which the entire “Triple Crown Line’’ of Marcel Dionne, Charlie Simmer and Dave Taylor was selected. Only two other goalies have ever been selected to All-Star Games while with the Kings: Terry Sawchuk in 1968 and Rogie Vachon in 1973, 1975 and 1978.
It really is stupendous and Quick really deserves the recognition. Quick is on cruise control. All he has to do is maintain his health and level of play and Bernier is out the door in the offseason after he is celebrating his new contract... We've been waiting for this a long time. I am glad Lombardi stuck to his guns about developing internally rather than going out and trading assets for a stopgap like so many others did.

“This is for you Kings fans wherever you may be. All the frustration and disappointment of the past is gone. The 45 year drought is over. The Los Angeles Kings are indeed the Kings of the National Hockey League. They are the 2012 Stanley Cup Champions!” - Bob Miller
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote