View Single Post
Old
01-12-2012, 03:06 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post
I made my suggestions earlier....Gleason (28), Salvador (35), Jackman (30), or Beauchemin (31).

I guess Shane O'Brien could be another option, he is good friends with Richardson.
MOst of those guys are going to cost as much, if not more than Mitchell so that kinda defeats the purpose if you are trying to save cap space.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post
Two more years at 3M for Willie would be great. I'd be willing to give him another year at his current CAP hit (3.5M). There might be cheaper options for a stay at home D, but not many better options.

If we're going to save money it should be on our dead weight forwards (Penner+Stoll+Gagne=11.35M).
Yeah but you have to replace those guys and the Kings don't exactly have cheaper replacements for them except in the case of Loktionov for Stoll. That saves you a little more than $2m but if you are looking to upgrade the wing position, the cap space is going to have to come from some where. That is the bottom line.. the Kings are going to have to make some personnel changes of some kind this offseason and the only place the Kings have cheaper contracts is the the defensive department. That is why it makes the most sense to let some of those guys walk. If Doughty and Johnson can't hold the fort down defensively, why did DL just pay both of them $11m+ a year?

Buddy The Elf is offline   Reply With Quote