View Single Post
Old
01-12-2012, 04:18 PM
Eytinge

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
You'd have to ask Oiler fans. Back when he was drafted, I remember the reports saying that growing up he was atrocious at defense and had no willingness to backcheck, but at the time of his drafting they said that he was working hard at it and was a much more complete player than he had been in the past. I don't know if that is true or has changed for the last year and a half in Edmonton.

He has the skillset we are looking for, and youth. He just needs to work on a few things, needs more seasoning and development. I know little about his current struggles though. Don't know why he is sitting with a mere 3 points on the year on an offensively gifted Oilers team. Gotta check with their fans. But he would be someone I would make a lateral trade for while utilizing our defensive assets. Win-Win.

At this point, I don't care about DL players. We are a team filled with them. I think it is okay to start looking outside the comfort zone and find ourselves some skill players that maybe don't necessarily fit the mold. We are defensively gifted and have very solid goaltending. I am fine with having a forward that isn't the greatest defensively as long as he can produce offensively. He has the skill.

You have it backwards. He is pretty solid defensively for a young player, and always picks up his guy while backchecking. But he has little offensive confidence and like HA101 said, is scared of being hit.

Eytinge is online now   Reply With Quote