View Single Post
Old
01-12-2012, 05:34 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
You really think so? Maybe video clips, but I seem to recall something about lot of weight being put on that one scout in Minnesota. I'm sure several teams had watched him play, but how often do you think they make a trip to a High School game?

It just seems like one person probably really pushed for it, said it could be the steal of the draft and it ends up blowing up in our faces. I mean really, a Minnesota High School league? How can you honestly tell if they are a Top 30 17/18 year old in the entire world?
High School hockey is a where all the top players usually play in New England and Minnesota. Not as much with the NTDP the last few years but it's high calibre hockey, Crosby Parise and MacKinnon all played there. Plus top HS players would have played in big national tournaments and national team(U17 and U18) showcases like we have here.

The problem with Fischer was more with his development than anything, he had size, mobility, good hockey sense but he never filled out, improved his shot or strength for 1 on 1 battles.