Old
01-12-2012, 05:41 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!

vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongolium View Post
Lol you clearly missed the point. I'm also in the boat of people saying stupid things about cup winning teams.

"they could of used the money more wisely"

How can you get better than winning a cup. What if they bring in another player who destroys the chemistry of the team. It's all if's and buts. The flyers may have won the cup with emery in net. They may also have lost game 7 against the bruins. ect.

You can't say things like this as definite fact.
It's better to be prepared beforehand. Pissing money away into bad contracts is a bad way to be prepared.

How could having one extra decent defensemen or forward possibly ruin chemistry?

Edit: It's easy to say in hindsight "They clearly spent all their money as best as they could!" But I still fail to see how that's true. Clearly, the Hawks management agrees. They got rid of him at the first opportunity. I'm sure if you check threads in their forum from that year, you'd find the Hawks fans would have preferred to see Huet's money spent somewhere else to fill a need; you know, to give them the best chance of winning. Huet's contract did NOT help prepare them to win a Cup. They just happened to win in spite of that fact. That doesn't strike me as an ideal model for GMing; good GMs shouldn't have to hope a team bails out their mistakes and wins anyways.

Last edited by Beef Invictus: 01-12-2012 at 05:53 PM.