View Single Post
Old
01-12-2012, 06:37 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
did any other caps make the team? I know there has to be one player from each team... plus hes only having a down year by ovechkin standards... if we had anyone with 17G right now we'd be screaming for them to be included..
Yeah - Dennis Wideman, who could actually make a case for being there.

Ovechkin isn't in the top 30 in overall scoring or the top 20 in goals. Of the nine 20 goal scorers in the league coming into tonight, four of them weren't selected (Vrbata, Moulson, Sharp, and Neal). Even if you don't think they'll play due to injury or whatever else, you at least give them the honor of the designation. I mean, Hell, Hartnell has outproduced Ovechkin this season. So have Bergeron, Jokinen, Marleau, Filppula, Whitney, Fleischmann, Moulson, Thornton, and Parenteau, and I'd bet few to none of those guys even got a sniff of Ottawa. St. Louis has produced just as many points in five fewer games and didn't go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pekkaslap View Post
I'm pretty sure there are several teams that didn't have any selected?

CBJ, Colorado, NJ Devils, just off the top of my head I think there's a couple more.
Columbus, Colorado, Edmonton, New Jersey, and Carolina. Granted, Columbus and Carolina don't have anybody really worthy of selection, and Colorado really doesn't, either, but Eberle has been sensational for the Oilers, and the Devils have three players in the top 30 scorers (Elias, Kovalchuk, Parise), which is more than can be said for AO. He isn't even the leading scorer on his own team.

Colorado, New Jersey, Carolina, and Edmonton all got rookies selected, but the rookies don't play in the ASG, which is the whole point of getting players selected.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote