View Single Post
Old
11-07-2003, 05:46 AM
Stock Rocks

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruwinz20
P

Potvin played like dog crap. The first goal was a joke....was it deflected, yea about 30 feet before it got to him and it was not going fast, bad goal. The point shot...bad goal. He was asked to stop about 15 shots through two periods and we were tied at 4? Sorry, that is a bad night. He has stolen some wins for us, but tonight we got a point in spite of a horrible game.
We usually agree, but not this time.

A deflection, no matter how slow it may appear to be moving, is still a deflection. If the goalie manages to get a piece of it, then great. But expecting him to adjust and react to it when his body is moving one way, is a bit much to ask. I don't understand where all this BS is coming from on Potvin. Sheesh, guys- it was one off-night. Thankfully, the team was there to bail him out. Where were they last week when he made 38 saves against the Habs.

Potvin didn't play a very good game, but he doesn't deserve this kind of treatment. And I'd also be willing to bet that the people who are jumping on him the most have never even played the position, and don't have the first clue as to how difficult a deflected shot truly is to stop. It sure looks easy from the couch, but I'd love to see you try and make the "routine save" as you are alluding to. 100% of the time, I bet that shot goes right through your legs, just the way it did for Potvin.