View Single Post
Old
11-07-2003, 06:51 AM
WBC8

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneMoreAstronaut
I can't believe people are saying Potvin played bad. 3 of the 5 goals were tipped, one of which was by Boynton, and another which was tipped twice, by both a Bruin AND a Shark - Cheechoo I think it was. They were nearly unstoppable, especially the double tip. He only let in one goal which I really thought he should have had, and that was the power play marker by Scott Thornton. He looked like he kind of relaxed for a second after that initial shot. But honestly, that was it; O'Donnell said it himself: "Felix let in five, but I really can't think one he should've had. Whenever we made a mistake, they put it in." I believe almost every goal was the result of some kind of defensive mishap.

The Sharks weren't shooting much either, and when they did it was a quality chance. Potvin made some fantastic saves, too - don't try and ignore that fact.

The problem with blaming the goaltenders is that it's so easy and convenient to do. Please save it for when they actually deserve it.

Glad to see the boys snag that point though. A good game by the 700lb line - Nice to see Murray on the board finally. And I love Thornton, towards the end when he caught that stick in the face, he got himself stitched up quick and was back out on the ice again for that tying goal. A true Bruin. And congrats go out to Moran too!
Stock,

This is the post I was referring too.