View Single Post
Old
11-07-2003, 05:57 AM
WBC8

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stock Rocks
Yeah, but you're belaboring the point, here.

NOBODY is saying that he played great, but you are harping on goals that some feel wasn't his fault. You're essentially making a mountain out of a molehill if I may be so bold.

I agree with those who say you can't get on him about deflections. It's a very hard situation. Have you ever played the position and tried to stop a deflected shot? What looks easy to you on your LA-Z-BOY is far different in reality.

The point is, Potvin didn't play a great game, but at the same time, saying he didn't show up, that he was totally to blame and blah-blah-blah is really not fair either. It was ONE bad game. Prior to that, he blanked the Habs twice in regulation and was a BIG reason why the B's even got to OT in the second game.

Games like this sometimes happen to the best of them. I recall a game where Patrick Roy whiffed on a Tim Taylor shot from the red line. Did that goal allowed mean Roy sucked? So, cut Potvin a little slack. That's all I'm saying. The Shields and Hackett comparisons are a little much.
That first deflection was 30 feet out.....I have played the position, of course not at this level (not even close) and I have seen many a goalie make that stop. The Primeau blast should have been stopped and Felix should have done a better job on the rebound on the fifth goal, just all my opinions of course...

I'm not making a mountain out of a molehill....I just commented on this GAME. IMO, he sucked last night. He's been a godsend so far and I don't expect many of these games...He certainly showed up, but didn't have his game, no prob, we'll move on.