View Single Post
Old
01-13-2012, 01:45 AM
Drewbackatu*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSG the place to be View Post
On to my next topic...Brad Richards.

"You learn more about a player in 10 games for your team than 10 years on another team" - MSG the place to be

For instance, nobody told me that Richards' go to move in the offensive zone is to just fire the puck towards the crease/net as soon as he gets the puck. (Sometimes its a good idea but sometimes its just really not the proper play at the particular moment.)

Weird how nobody on this board noticed this aspect of his game yet we have so many experts on Bobby Ryan, Tuomo Ruutu, Shane Doan, etc.

I actually like the version of Brad Richards that I have come to know in terms of his style. He's much more of a battler than I had expected. But at the same time he's not as much of a game to game, shift to shift, great player as I was anticipating. Lightyears ahead of #10, but pretty far from what I would call a franchise player.
That's just it in a nutshell meaning neither Richards or Gaborik are what you would classify as "franchise players." One is an elite finisher while the other is an elite passer but neither one of them is capable of taking over a game.

Drewbackatu* is offline   Reply With Quote