01-13-2012, 06:29 AM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tootoo Train View Post
Love me some legs. That is all.

That was a hard fought win.

Avs seemed to have our number but we battled through it.

Question, why were Ellis and Josi consistently on our 1st pp unit? I can understand playing the hot hand, but after every single powerplay, and after we go 0-6!?
Weber and Suter still led the team in PP TOI. Honestly, I have no problem with the Josi/Ellis pairing right now ... they get the puck moving and get it to the net. The Weber/Suter pair still goes for the pass it to Shea, get out of the way approach which ends up around the boards and out of the zone just as often as it does on net.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuietCompany View Post
Dammit, every time I watch a Nsh game (didn't see this whole one so my mistake if they did), C Wilson and Smith are never playing together. I don't understand this, they're young, let them build chemistry.
Smith has been ice cold on ES for over two months now while Wilson was on a line that was generating points consistently until his injury a few games ago. Bourque's meshing with Spaling and Tootoo allowed the team to slide Wilson to one of the other "scoring" lines which actually made Smith the odd man out. Even on the 4th line Smith is generating chances along with Halischuk.

There are still years remaining to put the two on a line together ... for now Smith needs to develop a bit as a NHL player.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote