View Single Post
Old
01-13-2012, 07:48 AM
WeThreeKings

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
I think it is good that Subban and Pacioretty are coming out and stating what is necessary to win in this league.

These fossils who run the organization know nothing of the game how it's played now and it is evident in every move they make.

I was all for trading Cammy. Did I feel it was necessary to trade him IMMEDIATELY because of his comments? No. Not at all. Every one knows his value was at an all-time low and that if we held on til the deadline we could've had a bidding war between offensively starved teams going into the play-offs. We could have flipped from a position of weakness to strength to better our team.

All the components of the last great Canadiens collapse are present. A reactionary GM who does not know how to get good return for the players he trades. Molson owning the team. The language issue at the forefront once again being allowed to play a part in the management of the team, coaching of the team, players on the team, the organizational perception. The media is using its influence to drag everyone through the mud and forcing our hand to deal from a position of weakness.

We need a confident individual in the GM position who is prepared to face criticisms. Prepared to take the brunt of blame, the ****storm of the politics and the media. To withstand the pressure to WIN NOW. Someone who can remain calm amidst all of this and do what is best for this team.

WeThreeKings is online now   Reply With Quote