View Single Post
Old
01-13-2012, 08:24 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
I still am not mad about the trade in principle. He came in when we we're close a playoff spot to help our powerplay. We didn't give up much for him.

He has 12 points in his last 17 games (9 points in 14 games as a Hab). If you work out his Hab PPG total over the course of a full-season, you get; 53-points. And that should only improve when Markov returns.

We also gave up next to nothing for him, except cap space.

The thing that I do not like, is that if we are going to be paying him $4.5M per season, why is he only playing 11-15 minutes per game? He's surely capable of more, he's done it his whole career. He is a career +17 (+33 if you include the playoffs). We know he's not great defensively, but he's obviously good enough offensively to counter-act the +/-.

I'm not saying he's a savior, but on a team that struggles to score, give him a bit more ice-time and maybe something good will come of it. At this point, I'd put him with Gorges. Subban has been struggling with those minutes lately anyway - not to mention, Gill-Subban has worked in the past when they weren't the #1 pairing.

Kaberle - Gorges
Gill - Subban
Emelin - Diaz
Weber

That would be my defense going forward.
I think once Markov is back he will be moved. As long as there are no further complications.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote