View Single Post
Old
01-13-2012, 10:56 AM
cheerupmurray

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister of Offence View Post
It is scary, last year people compared his upside to Tobias Enstrom....to which I laughed. The way he played last night defensively was a look into the way you could expect him to play in 2-3 years consistently. Offensively...he's capable of a point per game in any given season.

The kid's got a great head, striving for greatness but humble and level-headed at the same time. The funny thing is there are still improvements he can make to his offensive game.

If he manages to finish a point per game with Ottawa running up the standings....he may significantly push Chara to become the youngest Dman since Orr to win the Norris. TSN's late night hockey program proclaimed him the best defensemen in the NHL this season and The Hockey News predicted him to win the Norris as well.

17 points and +17 in his last 12 games. A 21 year old superstar is born.
Great stuff, he is a special player indeed! I think it would be almost impossible for him to win the Norris this year though,since he got a reputation for being a defensive liability. I have watched Ottawa a lot this year to check in on Karlsson, Rundblad and Zibanejad and been very impressed with Karlsson, and very pleased with how he developed defensiely too. Some stuff like his stickwork (pokechecking)is now borderline super. A reputation of being a horrible defensive player takes a while to wash away though.

cheerupmurray is offline   Reply With Quote