View Single Post
Old
01-13-2012, 11:17 AM
Minister of Offence

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerupmurray View Post
Great stuff, he is a special player indeed! I think it would be almost impossible for him to win the Norris this year though,since he got a reputation for being a defensive liability. I have watched Ottawa a lot this year to check in on Karlsson, Rundblad and Zibanejad and been very impressed with Karlsson, and very pleased with how he developed defensiely too. Some stuff like his stickwork (pokechecking)is now borderline super. A reputation of being a horrible defensive player takes a while to wash away though.
It's true...I think he's gunning for 2nd place, to be honest.

He'd pretty much have to lead Ottawa ahead of Chara's Bruins for people allow themselves to think he's been the better player this year. The media is warming up though....all I really want to see him acknowledged with a nomination.

His defence needs work...but anyone that saw him last night for the first time wouldn't know it. It takes time to prove consistency....but he's doing what he has to do, it really is a matter of time IMO. I wouldn't put a time line on it...I've basically been spot on with where I thought he could take his talents, but even then he's gotten there faster than even I expected.

Minister of Offence is offline   Reply With Quote