Thread: Speculation: Schneider Available???
View Single Post
Old
01-13-2012, 01:33 PM
CrazyCanucks

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah View Post
Here we go again. Not that I want to add nothing of value, but I am. I'm not going to speculate on this. Unless the offer is too good for them to refuse there is no reason to move him. At that price, I don't want him.

Van has no cap space to work with an he makes little money. That makes the return in the form of picks or prospects, unless it's part of a bigger deal.

Not to mention Van would have to replace him.

I don't get the obsession with people thinking Van wants to move him (or has to).
Half of the city wants the Canucks to keep him as the new starter and trade Luongo.

I think the Gilles can set a high price for him as he knows that he can fetch a good return back. It would have to include someone significant back, as they are in Cup win mode right now for the next 2-3 years.
The Salary cap issues they can work around. Ballard is not playing right now and he is eating up 4 million on the cap right now, so I think he would be involved in some sort of transaction with someone. Or he could just be sent to the minors and his cap hit is then gone.

I donít know what on the CBJ the Canucks would need. If there was a player on the CBJ, someone like Carter to shore up the top 6 would be ideal.

CrazyCanucks is offline   Reply With Quote