View Single Post
Old
01-13-2012, 02:41 PM

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackmarketmob View Post
I have an additional question relating to the league structure in Sweden. Perhaps a knowledgeable fan could help me with this. I understand the structure in men's works as SEL, HockeyAllsvenskan, then Divisions 1-4. I am looking up one player in particular, who this year was on the roster for Skare BK. Looking at previous rosters on Eliteprospects, http://www.eliteprospects.com/team.p...1&status=stats I see such an example where Skare BK is listed as "Division 3" for the league, but all of the players are under the heading "Division 1". Some high end players such as Oscar Klefbom have played for Skare BK, but if you go to his Eliteprospects page, and click the link for Skare BK, it lists the team under Division 1 on his stats page, but in the league Division 3 if you click on the team. I noted for 2011-2012, the only Skare BK team I can find is a team in Division 3. Perhaps they lost their D1 team?

From what I have read, it appears that Karlstad is the home of Skare BK, and likely the city has a D1 team, but also D3 team, and I may have seen a junior team in one of the leagues as well from that region. From looking, it appears the player I am looking at http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=18196 has been on the roster this year for Skare BK, but their D3 team. He has apparently also played some D2 hockey.

Are Division 3 and Division 2 "pro" hockey, or more of a recreational level? If someone knows, how is the calibre in these leagues?
My guess is that Skåre might have had a team in the third league as well for juniors, however, I'm not completely sure. All that I know is that Skåre gave up on D1 when Färjestad made the decision to have a J20-team in the SuperElit-league because they would have troubles with getting enough players on the roster, and because of that they were relegated to D3 for this season.

It is quite hard to determine the calibre of these D3 and D2 leagues. It all differs based on the geographical location of the teams. Since I'm from the northern parts I'm fairly familiar with the D3 leagues in this area, and the quality is quite low. There's a lot of scoring and it isn't uncommon that there's one team that completely dominates the other teams.

1978 is offline   Reply With Quote