View Single Post
Old
01-13-2012, 01:56 PM
Bardof425*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza View Post
As Bill Murray said in Caddy Shack "I have to laugh"

I think the bigger predicament is that many in this fan base simply do not know how to watch a hockey game.

With a bit of luck Boyle is the difference in the last two games. That did not happen. If this fan base is waiting for Boyle to be a difference maker like Gaborik, Richards, et. al., then your smoking crack.

Boyle is playing great. He's not a goal scorer. Period. He's a grinder. A big body that gets in front of the net. Takes the puck down low and keeps it there as long as possible. Takes his turn on the PK. Gets a forecheck going.

Any team in this league wants a guy like Boyle playing the role he does for this team. Torts as much confirmed that, but what the hell does he know?
He's playing great??? you have very low standards. He is a defense only player who is little above 50% on faceoffs, loses too many 50/50 battles and is an average skater. He needs to be a 4th liner player PK and no more than 8 ES minutes. Even then I can take or leave him. But he is tolerable in that scenario. Waiting for Oscar Lindberg.

Bardof425* is offline   Reply With Quote