View Single Post
Old
01-13-2012, 01:57 PM
Et le But

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotProkofievian View Post
Not as well written article as some as suggesting here. Verbose, but meandering.

At some point he takes a big ol' left turn and instead of addressing the real issues that plague the Canadiens, talks about the language issue. As if that's why we suck. As if that's even relevant to why we suck.

I'm finding it hard to muster the impetus to read the rest.
Agreed. All the stuff about the language issue ruins what could have been a good article.

This was clearly written for Leafs fans who know nothing about Montreal or the Habs. They even go as far as to downplay our last two cups, and use the 30 years mark entirely to include more teams that have been better than us "recently" (Like any Habs fan is envious of the Islanders or Oilers).

I'm not saying it justifies our mediocre last 10 years, but this makes it sound like we are the worst run team in the league. This is our first terrible season in a while, typically we are average to above average. This might not be good enough but I love how all of a sudden these opportunists are coming out of the woodwork to say these things. Where were they last year?

Last edited by Et le But: 01-13-2012 at 02:04 PM.
Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote