View Single Post
Old
01-13-2012, 02:26 PM
Lafleurs Guy

vCash: 500
The truth hurts. And it hurt to read that article.

The author doesn't know what he's talking about in terms of the draft though. The draft was insignificant before 1970 because most good players were already signed to C forms.

Ironically the only player of note that we got was Rejean Houle and even then he left us for the WHA before returning. I'd have expected the writer to know better.

Still, his overall point is... sadly, valid. We are a mess right now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by deandebean View Post
I had read such an article in 1982, when the Habs were falling from grace (it lasted 3 seasons). Written by a Torontonian? This Empire stuff is ridiculous. Montreal hasn't been a powerhouse since the early 90's. Should have written the piece during the late 90's. He's about 12 years late in writing this. And it wasn't about the forum. It was about real management. This Forum stuff gets to me. Probably didn't even attend 10 games at the Forum and he writes like this.

The Forum was a BUILDING. A small, intimate building, yes. But it was a freaking building. And not a particularly spectacular one. What made it special was the teams and the fans. The rest was bricks and mortar. Nothing more. It wasn't very pretty, nor was it a great design. It was a freaking commercial building.

This Forum ******** gets to me. It was a building. Nothing more.
It was a shrine.

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote