View Single Post
Old
01-13-2012, 04:20 PM
icing

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackmarketmob View Post
I have an additional question relating to the league structure in Sweden. Perhaps a knowledgeable fan could help me with this. I understand the structure in men's works as SEL, HockeyAllsvenskan, then Divisions 1-4. I am looking up one player in particular, who this year was on the roster for Skare BK. Looking at previous rosters on Eliteprospects, http://www.eliteprospects.com/team.p...1&status=stats I see such an example where Skare BK is listed as "Division 3" for the league, but all of the players are under the heading "Division 1". Some high end players such as Oscar Klefbom have played for Skare BK, but if you go to his Eliteprospects page, and click the link for Skare BK, it lists the team under Division 1 on his stats page, but in the league Division 3 if you click on the team. I noted for 2011-2012, the only Skare BK team I can find is a team in Division 3. Perhaps they lost their D1 team?

From what I have read, it appears that Karlstad is the home of Skare BK, and likely the city has a D1 team, but also D3 team, and I may have seen a junior team in one of the leagues as well from that region. From looking, it appears the player I am looking at http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=18196 has been on the roster this year for Skare BK, but their D3 team. He has apparently also played some D2 hockey.

Are Division 3 and Division 2 "pro" hockey, or more of a recreational level? If someone knows, how is the calibre in these leagues?
Karlstad is also the home city for SEL team Färjestad. Färjestad gave up on their junior team for about 10 years ago and decided to move their junior players to the other local team Skåre instead. They wanted their young players to get senior experience in a mens league instead of playing in the J20 Superelit (highest junior division).

Skåre played in div 1 during this time more or less containing young players from Färjestad. After last season Färjestad decided to bring back the junior team again and made a comeback in the J20 Superelit. Skåre had to let go of the div 1 spot, and was moved down to div 3. They realized that they were not able to put a div 1 team together without the players from Färjestad.

icing is offline   Reply With Quote