View Single Post
Old
12-24-2005, 09:40 AM
hockeyhomer99

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallasman
I'm glad that hockey has taken off in a market that it's probley not supposed to be taking off in. I'm glad that ice is poping up all over the place and kids are getting into hockey big-time down there. Up in Canada, more and more kids are dropping out of hockey from what I have heard. It's good that it is picking up in other places. The Stars have definetly helped this process a lot.

On Texas itself, if I had to live anywhere else in the world, I would choose Texas. Dallas preferably. But Texas is like Alberta in someways. Lots of oil and a great love for sports. Your High School football is unbelivable down there. Towns shut-down and people all go to watch the game. You don't find anything like that so much up here in Canada. Not to my knowledge anyways. Texas just seems like a place I would like to live because it would remind of home, with hotter weather though.
Yeah when you have to play high school football games at Texas Stadium because you are drawing 35-45,000 people, now thats loving yoour sport.