View Single Post
Old
01-13-2012, 04:51 PM
groovejuice

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
All I will say is that there is a glaring lack of professionalism on this team that had been apparent for at least 10 years.

Coaches being fired right before games. Players being traded during games. Strange, bizzare moves with no foresight whatsoever. And the GM sitting there, lying to the fans with a straight face.
Beyond the obvious lack of professionalism, these antics diminish and tarnish the reputation les Canadiens enjoyed for decades as being the class of the NHL.

Ownership and management took this status seriously and together with the on-ice successes, this prevasive attitude of saavy, class and professionalism made the Habs the most popular hockey team world wide.

I became a Habs fan in the glory days of Sam Pollock and Scotty Bowman. One could be proud not only of the team on the ice but the team behind the bench and the team in the office.

I do think Gauthier is highly intelligent, has some good hockey knowledge and decent player valuation abilities. For me though, his mostly silent, condescending attitude smacks of a 17th century aristocrat and his bizarre classless treatment of players and coaches is not only arrogant and insensitive, but puts a pall over the reputation of the team and its ownership.

I am so disappointed.

Last edited by groovejuice: 01-13-2012 at 05:29 PM.
groovejuice is online now   Reply With Quote