View Single Post
Old
01-13-2012, 05:42 PM
chaosrevolver
Snubbed Again

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankenheimer View Post
I think we should experiment a little, do some radical outside the box thinking. What about we create an arbitrary rule just for the hell of it, sign only players 6'4'' and 240 pounds minimum. Real grizzly boys, mean, bloodsuckers, go into every arena in the league and make other teams fear for their lives. Winning games would be incidental. It would be more like a revenge tour for what's happened in the last five years. I'm pretty sure our fans could get behind that. We'd probably lose every game for 3-4 years, rack up number one overall picks and store them in the AHL. Once we've pretty much destroyed every other NHL team, broken their bones, taken their wives, changed the face of the NHL, bang, we bring up our picks, and dominate for ten years. I would even suggest changing jersey during those dark years like a superhero whose gone evil. Nobody would ever talk bad about us again. To me, that's a compelling story line, something that could definitely be pitched as a remedy to our malaise.
I like this.

chaosrevolver is online now   Reply With Quote