View Single Post
Old
01-13-2012, 06:04 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

vCash: 500
The way I look at it is that unless some nice fit blockbuster trade for a Forward, the trade will be for D-man... That said, I'm thinking that there is a good chance a D-man will going the other way.

With that thinking I eliminated selecting from the poll the last three players on the poll (D-men) and one Forward who could bring a major high profile D-man that the Flyers would want (one D-man and he Forward being moved)... So I picked the two young prospects (MAB & Gus)
and Carle who is not signed yet and would be a good Cap move when bringing in a higher contract, such as Suter and Weber would be.

With them I picked JvR to be the one Forward who could be the main cog in prying away a Major D-man for the stretch AND beyond... I would not deal without an agreement in place for an extension, especially Suter who is a UFA after THIS season... Weber will be an RFA, so he control would be there, but for only one season... IMO; no extension/no deal involving JvR.

So, I selected the first four wanting them to develop with the other young Forwards and the older untouchable ones with Clauses.

Sawdalite is offline   Reply With Quote