View Single Post
Old
01-13-2012, 08:01 PM
mattyd99

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
Yes. Because if you watched the game, he had countless chances whereas the likes of Richards and Gaborik looked like complete crap all game. It happens. This isn't something that is a nightly occurrence but you have to hold players accountable. If they are playing like ****, then take away their ice time.

The difference is, Boyle was playing well but could not score. Gaborik and Richards were playing like crap, and couldn't score.
That line with all the good they did, were on ice for all 3 goals. They were in over there heads. You have 12 forwards on your bench, not 3. Not for nothing but I thought the team was good in the 1st and flat in the 2nd. Then Torts goes and blows everything up and guys are being benched. That's no different then most games this year yet he decided to mess with the lineup last night.

I'm getting away from the original point and that is Boyle. I've posted more in this thread today then I have in months and most have agreed with me, some haven't. That's fine, everyone sees the game different. I like Boyle...as a 3rd/4th liner. He's struggled this year offensively but has been solid enough defensively. Simply put I don't think he played well last night and I don't agree with Torts' assessment of his play or the ice time he gave him. I think in a tight game you keep your scorers out there as there's more of a chance of them scoring. Torts' wanted to make a point. Fine. His point cost us 2 points. Hopefully the top 6 comes out better tomorrow.

mattyd99 is offline   Reply With Quote