Old
01-13-2012, 09:35 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryzgalovsky View Post
i think there are untouchable people

i'm pretty sure richards and carter were traded because they refused to play in laviolette's system and because we needed goaltending

i would bet money that giroux and couturier never get traded unless their performance becomes much worse, who could we possibly get that's worth giroux?
You are proving my point with this post... Richards was signed for a dozen more seasons and then Carter was signed for a decade or so, each with NTC that would have kicked in upon their being allowed under the Current CBA... They were when signed believed to be here for the duration, unless circumstances changed and changed the Organization's minds. Circumstances changed... whether to get a goalie, them not fitting in with Lavy's System, or anything else... and they were gone.

Presently Giroux and Couturier... and more than likely other players... are probably believed by the Flyers to be the core of the future, and Giroux and JvR have nice extensions in place. Circumstances in the future could change the Flyers minds... they could be given an offer that they couldn't refuse in a package deal that would make the Flyers better going forward --what if a young Prongeresque D-man was offered for Couts?... What if The Bolts offered Stamkos and St. Louie for Giroux and Voracek? -- The point I'm making that I don't think there is a person on here who thought BOTH #17 AND #18 would be traded and there would be near a dozen rookies on the roster this season.

I stand by my belief that no one is untouchable... I would NOT have said that at this point last year.

Sawdalite is offline   Reply With Quote