View Single Post
Old
01-13-2012, 09:27 PM
IBleedNYRBlue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayBlues View Post
A few more things:

If you're the Yankees, why would you deal from weakness(young hitting) and not strength, which is your young pitching?

Pineda sounds like Joba few years ago. Big FB and slider. With a not so great delivery.

Maybe if you did a better job in developing Joba, you wouldn't have to do a deal like this.

Now the Yankees have ZERO impact bats coming up. At least not anytime soon.

They have Gary Sanchez. But he's a few years away. And I don't think he's as good as Montero.

I really like Montero. I didn't want to see him traded for anyone. But if he was going to be traded, he should have been traded for someone PROVEN.

I guess this was inevitable. We've been hearing his name in trades for years now.
I don't think the Yankees ever wanted him.
Agree with this.

I really don't see how you trade a weakness as in a young hitter like Montero for a 22 year old unproven guy who fell off in the second half of the year. Im just nervous about this guy coming to the Bronx and pitching here. Pitching for the ****ing New York Yankees, is much different than playing in Seattle. I'd say being a starting pitcher for the Yankees is one of the most high pressured jobs in sports.