View Single Post
Old
01-13-2012, 10:36 PM
yianik

vCash: 500
On the defence I think we have Markov, PK and Gorges on the top 4. Emelin is a top 6 player so far but progressing. My fear is that as I think he is RFA for only one more year that we lose him unliess we decide he is a top 4 d-man that is solid positionally , thoough will make gaffs here and there, and our only guy who hits alot and hard. I risk it and sign him to say 5 years for about $16.5 M. Diaz is pretty decent and top 6, though he can handle more than top 6 minutes. Weber is top 7. Gill and Campoli are allowed to walk. Kaberle is too weak defensively and even if Markov is out he just doesnt add much, and Id rather have a top 4 solid defensive and physical d-man than Kaberle. Get rid of this contracy while he is still producing, hurry. With Markov in, then a top 6 defensive physical player mighy do.

On the forwards, boy have we beefed up. I like AK46 and would like to keep him, but I think hes had enough of the Habs and where he is played so I think he doesnt sign. If he isnt interested in staying then trade him. Eller is progessing but not to top 6, who knows if he ever does. Desharnais is not a top 6 center, but we may want to hold on a year and see what Eller does. Otherwise we need a size upgrade on the 2nd line center spot. I hope Molson is willing to eat some cash because we really need Gomez gone and he has to go to the AHL next season unless by a miracle we can move him. Hell, lets start Eller at 2nd center next year. Otherwise we just need to have size and grit on the 4th.

Overall, this team is not as bad as it is playing right now.WE have just spun out. We just need leadership to calm the waters and just get through the year. In the summer the players will need to shake off this season and just come back to play. Hopefully we get a high pick. Sell UFAs at the deadline if we can. Its okay, just no more panic moves like Kaberle.

yianik is offline   Reply With Quote